The Asian Institute of Diplomacy and International Affairs an independent, non-partisan, foreign policy think-tank of Nepal is looking for application from the qualified candidates for the position of Office Secretary (Female)
Job Title: Office Secretary
No. of vacancy/s: 1
Job Location: Kathmandu Offered
Apply Before (Deadline): June, 20, 2018
The Office Secretary (Female) is responsible for routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers. Key Responsibilities
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Arrange conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for office personnel/guests.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Mail newsletters, other publications and promotional material, and other information.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail and other material, and prepare answers to routine letters.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Take dictation in shorthand or by machine, and transcribe information.
- Collect and disburse funds from cash accounts, and keep records of collections and disbursements.
- Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
- Coordinate conferences and meetings.
- Establish work procedures and schedules, and keep track of the daily work of clerical staff.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Manage projects, and contribute to team work.
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information both internally and with other organizations.
- Order and dispense supplies.
- Provide services to customers, such as subscription details, membership related queries, AIDIA news, placement and account information.Assist with Construction & Facilities Accounting
- Assist with administration and financial accounting
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- A Bachelors’ degree in business studies, management, commerce, mass communications or in a related discipline, with demonstrated interest in organization building, networking and communications and administrative works.
- Work experience of a minimum of 2 year in a related position;
- Knowledge of basic computer software including MS Office;
- Strong competence in spoken and written English and Nepali; ability to communicate effectively and with ease with guests, dignitaries, participants, students and a range of other people;
- Flair in language, computer-related skills, strong interpersonal communication skills, work commitment and experience with prior high-level tasks highly desirable.
Remuneration and Benefits
Competitive think-tank salary incumbent upon the candidate’s prior experience and skills
Please send in your CV along with a Cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Application: Office Secretary”. The shortlisted candidates will be informed of the date for an interview and presentation round via email following which final selection(s) will be made to the position. In case you don’t receive a mail, you’re requested to try for future opportunities with AIDIA.
Suite No: 606, Bluebird Mall, Tripureshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal
P.O. Box: 9860, Phone: +977-01-4100635 Website: www.aidiaasia.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org